FORUMS: list search recent posts

.xmp and .xmpses files

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Armistead
.xmp and .xmpses files
on Sep 23, 2013 at 1:29:22 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to conserve disk space on my system and I'm wondering if there is ANY reason for me to keep all the .xmp and .xmpses files that get generated when I export something through AME.

I work a lot with DVD authoring and every export I do creates one of each of these files in addition to the MPEG2 and WAV files. The file sizes aren't large, but 10 DVDs later it kinda adds up.

I'd also like to know why AME creates these files and whether I can shut it off if I don't need them.

Thanks,

Les

lesarmistead@gmail.com
http://www.wix.com/Rotenbard/version-2

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: .xmp and .xmpses files
on Sep 25, 2013 at 2:00:33 pm

Hi Les,

I don't have ALL the details, but the files in question do contain info regarding DVD chapter points that you may have made in Premiere. In Encore, you can use "Import As > Timeline" and just select the audio and video clips at once, and Encore will just know to use the other files and will import the chapter marks into the Encore timeline.

There is no harm in deleting those files, other than potentially losing the chapter info. All you really need to create a DVD in Encore is the video and audio clips, typically .m2v and .wav to be precise.

Once I create a DVD and I'm happy with it AND the customer is happy, I delete the .m2v and .wav files. Note that when making a DVD, I create a "Disk Image" or .iso file from Encore. THAT is what I keep as a Master - most any DVD burning software can burn a DVD from that .iso file. I use the free ImageBurn for that, so I never even need to open Encore to make more copies. In fact, the Encore project could also be deleted at that point once I have the .iso, keeping in mind then that no further changes could be made to the DVD later.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

William Armistead
Re: .xmp and .xmpses files
on Sep 25, 2013 at 4:24:29 pm

Thanks Jeff! That was super helpful, especially the .iso file info. My workflow just got more streamlined.

Thanks again.

Les

lesarmistead@gmail.com
http://www.wix.com/Rotenbard/version-2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]