FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoding to Amazon Instant Video.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Phelps
Encoding to Amazon Instant Video.
on Sep 12, 2013 at 1:50:03 pm

I have had a bear of a time trying to get an encode with the exact settings for Amazon Instant Video.

The required specifications are as follows:

H.264
Aspect Ratio: 1920 x 1080 px (16:9)
Progressive
Color Space: YUV
Profile: High (HiP)
Level: 4 or higher
Video Bit Rate: 30,000 Kbps (30 Mbps) (or higher) @ CBR
Audio: PCM in SMPTE302m, MPEG-1, Audio Layer AAC, or AC3
Audio Bit Rate: 448 Kbps (or higher)
Audio Mode: CBR
Audio Sample Rate: 48 KHz

At first I used Handbrake to export out Apple ProRes file, but for some unknown reason, despite selecting 'Constant Framerate', the 'Frame rate mode' was variable when examined by MediaInfo. Some forums claimed that MediaInfo was not identifying the file correctly, but regardless it MediaInfo had a bug or not, Amazon reject the file for that specific reason!

I then upgraded to Adobe Media Encoder CS6 and regretfully, the same problem occurred during the export. I was finally able to get a constant 'Frame rate mode' of Constant after using the x264 Pro plugin for AME CS6. Yeah!

Now the audio problems came along...

AAC will not got up to 448 Kbps in AME. The source is stereo. The highest it goes up to is 320 kbps, but I found that I wasn't able to successfully compile a video with settings higher than 120 kbps. So I decided to try PCM in SMPTE302m. What the heck is 'SMPTE302m'??? It seems that 'PCM in SMPTE302m' is equivalent to LPCM. Please correct me if I am wrong. I found PCM settings, but no LPCM. Will PCM do? If a company asks for LPCM, is that the same as PCM?Also, PCM only come in 8 bit, 16 bit, 24, bit and 32 bit. There is no mention of 'PCM bit rate' in the specs. Which one would be equivalent to AAC 448 Kbps?

Is there a better software I should be using for encoding these specifications?

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]