FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mts to Mov

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Holke
Mts to Mov
on Dec 31, 2011 at 7:00:46 am

Hello, i am working with footage from a sony HDR-CX560V, which is all in mts. I would like to rotoscope some of this footage in Mocha to export to AE. As Dave pointed out in "Dave's stock answer #1", i have to change it to .MOV. This is where I run into problems - when i converted the mts files to mov in ME, the file turned into 720 by 480, which doesn't work with my project which is in 1920 x 1080. I am using footage in 24p. When i tried to change this manually using premiere, the encoding time became really long (over an hour for a three minute clip).
I am not sure if there are any other solutions, or if there is any way to make use of the mocha and AE project in 720x480 and use it in a Premeire project in 1920 x 1080.
I am new to the master collection, so forgive any blatent ignorance.
thank you

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
Re: Mts to Mov
on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:31:09 pm

Hey there,
There are some formats that mocha can not yet read, so the best bet in this scenario is to export your footage. You do want to make sure that the mocha project setting and your After Effects project match in PAR, FPS and image size.

I would recommend exporting your source footage as sequential Tiff files to insure the proper resolution. You can also check the "CLIP" tab in mocha to ensure the FPS and PAR are set appropriately.

best,
Ross

Imagineer Systems

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]