FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe media encoder and MXF to ProRes

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Ricker
Adobe media encoder and MXF to ProRes
on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:13:36 am

Basically, everytime I use prelude to load a bunch of MXF files into media encoder and get transcoded to ProRes, I always get Adobe media encoder hanging.

Has anyone ever had success getting this to occur without hanging? It only really happens when i'm doing big batches like anything over 10 clips. They all load up fine into media encoder, but after the first 1 is nearing finish on the transcode it always hangs.

At the moment i'm forced to use tcp 7 log and transfer to get my MXF's into prores. I have no issues there, but annoyed that adobe isnt working correctly.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.4Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 660

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Adobe media encoder and MXF to ProRes
on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:56:28 pm

What version of Adobe are you running (CS5.5, CS6, CC?)? Up to date?

Are you pulling the files off the CF card before running them through Prelude (i.e. copying to a hard drive)? I've found problems with big batches if I attempt to access the CF card directly. Copying them onto a hard drive before transcoding seems to work better.

Have you tried skipping Prelude and going directly into AME or Premiere Pro with the MXF files? Technically, you don't need to transcode to ProRes if you're staying within the Adobe universe.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]