FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME - FLV File size

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Waldron
AME - FLV File size
on Aug 29, 2013 at 4:45:36 pm

Hi everyone, I am a bit of a novice in AME and usually I just export either to DVD or Youtube.
I recently completed a project for a client with an original request for being used on Youtube - all went well, project completed etc.
The problem I now have is that the client wants the same video supplying thus:
"flv file, max 60kb"

Now - flv is a dark art to me and I have no experience. But the best I have managed to get out of AME using the presets and some tweaking is 3Mb. The video in question is a 1 min 26 second animation created entirely in After Effects and comes with voice over and audio track.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers towards getting that file size right down - or alternatively confirm that the parameters are maybe over ambitious? I have reduced all visable sliders to the lowest setting and I am still some way off as you can see. Could be me going about things the wrong way, could be that the expectation needs to be adjusted?

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AME - FLV File size
on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:26:43 pm

Why do they want FLV?

If they want something that plays in Flash Player, then why not F4V? FLV is much older and less efficient. The only benefit to FLV is the alpha channel (well, and ability to play on extremely old Flash Player).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Steve Waldron
on Aug 30, 2013 at 5:46:00 am

Hi Todd, I'm not sure why they want flv, I could certainly suggest F4V, would that format be easier to gain the required file size?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 30, 2013 at 7:57:39 am

One of the reasons that we moved to the more advanced F4V format for Flash video was better compression. So, yes, I would think so. But you should just try it and see for yourself.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]