FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony F5 footage!?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Pearson
Sony F5 footage!?
on Aug 14, 2013 at 5:56:33 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here and I was hoping someone may be able to help. I have been given footage that was shot on a sony F5 8-bit MPEG-2 HD422, 50Mbps and comes in a .MXF wrapper. I've made a cut in Premiere CC and then was beginning to grade in After effects when I noticed that when increasing the saturation the picture began polarising and I released that there was missing information in the picture. My first thought was perhaps the files need transcoding - perhaps they aren't the full res files, so I tried transcoding one to DNX 145 - just to see if there was any difference - there wasn't.

So my question is; is the way the footage is? Or are they merely compressed for file size economy and is there a way of uncompressing them?

Any help would be amazing. I've been out of the game in regards to handling the raw files - haven't got the foggiest...

Many thanks!

Dave Pearson
Editor

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Sony F5 footage!?
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:50:15 pm

Sony F5 is not a supported import format for the current version of After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave Pearson
Re: Sony F5 footage!?
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:35:12 am

Ahhh I see. It opened up and played totally fine when I imported it but nevertheless, thankyou for the heads up! Would you recommend grading in Premeire CC? Or Should I purchase Speedgrade to have more luck?any thanks again...

Dave Pearson
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]