FORUMS: list search recent posts

WXGA 1366 x 768

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Armstrong
WXGA 1366 x 768
on Jun 5, 2013 at 1:39:07 pm

So I have a project coming up where I need to make videos at 1366 x 768. I did some basic research on WXGA ratios and I couldn't find anything that helped. Ultimately the final deliverable has to be an mp4, and when I try to make a preset for those dimensions Adobe Media Encoder does not allow for it and gives me this message "Invalid framesize/framerate for this level. Please lower the video bounds or frame rate, or increase the Profile and Level and try again."

So I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem or has a workaround. Also if anyone could suggest the best settings for an mp4 at this size. I'm not to familiar with best practices for mp4s as it is. Any help would be much appreciated thanks! :D

All things are made to move.

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
Re: WXGA 1366 x 768
on Jun 5, 2013 at 8:44:16 pm

With a resolution of 1366x768 use Level 4.0 for up to 25mbps and Level 4.1/4.2 for up to 62.5mbps.

The optimal encoder settings will depend on your delivery requirements. What is the bigger priority: quality or file size? Will the movie be uploaded to the web, played on mobile devices, viewed only on computer, other?

In general, Baseline Profile will play on the widest variety of devices but will not compress as well. High Profile will compress better but won't play on as many devices. Similarly, a higher target bitrate will produce better quality but larger files.

Try starting with a preset and change only a few settings as required (like resolution, for example). If you want to get more familiar with the encoder export many files from a short clip at a variety of settings, and then compare results.

Return to posts index

Michael Armstrong
Re: WXGA 1366 x 768
on Jun 5, 2013 at 10:34:50 pm

Thank you so much for your help. Without getting into too much detail (cause I honestly don't quite understand how it will work) the files will be uploaded to a network wich will display the videos on many displays at once. My guess is that the file size will have to be pretty manageable because of this. I think if it's safe for web then I should be in the clear though.

All things are made to move.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]