FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bit-Rate Question

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Smith
Bit-Rate Question
on Apr 19, 2013 at 7:17:50 am

I'm making my first attempt at exporting to Blu-Ray, so apologies as I realize this is probably a simple question.

I exported my video out of FCP as a self-contained quicktime movie and brought it into AME. I applied the default bluray .h264 setting to the file and was going to encode it. I noticed in the settings though, that the default target/maximum bit rate is set to like 25/30. My video was filmed on a panasonic AC-160 which I think has a maximum bit rate around 21. In FCP, it said the bit-rate for most of my clips was around 17.

My thought was that i can turn the bit-rate settings down on my encode because there is no point in encoding at a higher bit-rate than what the video was originally filmed in. Am I right in thinking this way? Is there something I am missing, or some reason that I would want to leave the bit rate settings that high?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Bit-Rate Question
on Apr 20, 2013 at 2:57:11 am

Adobe Media Encoder is likely to force a transcode and those bitrates are small (not anemic - that'd be under 10) but still not great.

The larger the bit rate, the more space a codec has to breathe, meaning a less damaged final picture.

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]