FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing H.264 Blu Ray file (not H.264) on my Mac Desktop using Quicktime 10 or 7

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Playing H.264 Blu Ray file (not H.264) on my Mac Desktop using Quicktime 10 or 7
on Apr 8, 2013 at 12:14:32 am

Hi,

I went from Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and pressed File --- Export ------ Media.

Media Encoder opened and I encoded a file in there as a H.264 Blu-Ray, Not H.264.

How can I get this file to play on my desktop?

I have both Quicktime 10 and 7

(I read that you can only play an H.264 in Quicktime, Not H.264 Blu-Ray.)

Is that true?

Premiere Pro CS 5.5
Media Encoder 5.5
Power Mac Intel Xeon
10GB RAM

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Playing H.264 Blu Ray file (not H.264) on my Mac Desktop using Quicktime 10 or 7
on Apr 8, 2013 at 1:08:14 am

Did you try playing the file in QuickTime Player?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
Re: Playing H.264 Blu Ray file (not H.264) on my Mac Desktop using Quicktime 10 or 7
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:27:24 am

Hi,

Yes I did. It did not play.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:07:33 am

That file won't play in Quicktime. If you want to see it in a player you could try VLC. That program should play it.

Or you can open Adobe Encore (the DVD/Blu-Ray authoring app) and drop the file in there to playback.

Unless you plan on burning a Blu-Ray disc that file isn't good for much.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Paul Stevenson
on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:25:04 am

I second VLC.

My go to player for everything on (virtually) any platform, even plays broken files (depending on what's broke) and due to using inbuilt codecs means you don't need to install codec packs and get yourself into all sorts of problems down the road.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]