FORUMS: list search recent posts

25p Blu-ray

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TazboTheman
25p Blu-ray
on Mar 8, 2013 at 7:50:16 pm

Hi All,

I am using a Canon 5DMKIII to shoot events, my camera is set to 1080p@25p with the shutter to 50. I edit my videos on Final Cut X, export a Pro Res 422 Master file.

Encore then converts this into 50i 1080 however watching back on a 50" all panning shots stutter no matter what speed. What am I doing wrong as I am using one of the best cameras, with supposedly one of the best encoders.

Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Paul O'Brien
Re: 25p Blu-ray
on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:25:45 pm

Hi there,

To be sure, you work in a PAL region, correct? If somewhere in the flow you move between PAL and NTSC, that might create some peculiar field/frame issues. Does the 50' have an option to go between the two, or are PAL/NTSC issues moot?
If that's all aligned, where does the stutter first present itself? Do the prores files look as they should, and once Encore transcodes the files it then starts presenting the stutter?
Trying to see where the stutter begins would help diagnose what stop in the workflow is introducing the issue.
50i 1080 is the final result, correct? Have you thought of stepping down the transcoding (within Encore) to 25p 1080? If the 50i is essential to the workflow, I understand, but to test the 50i against something else might help to see if there is something unique about the 50i 1080 transcode (within Encore) that is the issue.
I hope these suggestions help. I only work in NTSC and only once have I had to pull something PAL.

Best luck,
Paul O'Brien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]