FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disable or Hide Encoding Presets?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul O'Brien
Disable or Hide Encoding Presets?
on Mar 5, 2013 at 10:34:00 pm

Hey,
I recently started using CS6. Everything is working as it should, 100%. Then I get to encode, I go to pick my encode presets under h.264, and I'm deluged by 3 pages worth of presets, 2 and a half of which I have to scroll through to get to the one I need.

Question: Can I delete, hide, or otherwise remove unwanted presets from the lists, specifically in the h.264 presets?

On any regular, yearly basis, I don't need any of the Apple Devices, Android devices, or web upload, or other groups, ever. Yes, if there isn't this option, I will create the half dozen or so custom presets that will be at the *far top* of the list, but then, even worse really, that whole list is wasted to me, and I use those handful of presets enough where I don't need my hand held past pages of unnecessary presets. I'm assuming they're all on some xml sheet, so if the rare occasion arises that that one niche preset will fit my needs perfectly, I can simply keep a copy of the original and flip the naming to that instead of the other. But I don't know which xml sheet, or other location or file, where I can make these changes.

Thanks in advance to the great folks here.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Disable or Hide Encoding Presets?
on Mar 11, 2013 at 3:25:05 pm

I use the search field in Adobe Media Encoder to filter and narrow the encoding presets shown. I then add the encoding presets that I use a lot to my custom set of encoding presets so that I can get to them easily.

See this video:
http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/adobe-media-encoder-preset-browser-an...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Paul O'Brien
Re: Disable or Hide Encoding Presets?
on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:09:21 pm

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the response. I'd have likely gone that route but the presets had to be somewhere, and I eventually found them out.
The presets all reside in their respective program folders in the Adobe folder (the default folder path on Windows is C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS6Support Files(MediaIO)systempresets). Within them, there are numerous other folders one each for the different file formats, and each preset is a .epr file. I went through the After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder folders and took off the ".epr" end of any presets I didn't want, and after refreshing the program, they disappeared. I now have a much simpler and less cluttered view of the dozen or so presets I need. If ever I need to do extensive testing of the platforms I disabled (the android and iOS presets), I'll go back in and restore the .epr end. I don't see that happening, but it's an option I left available.

Thanks again. Presets do have their place, but for my need and case, they were the 2nd option. It'd be nice to have some opt-in for the presets, some way to download whatever preset packs you think you'll need, and modularize it that way instead of getting the whole package of them. Or maybe since h.264 is so prevalent, somehow break it up.

Paul O'Brien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]