FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoPro Cineform Conversion

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davies
GoPro Cineform Conversion
on Mar 3, 2013 at 6:16:14 pm

Not having any success using Cineform Studio to convert my GoPro 3 footage, I tried bringing it all into AME to batch process it.

My first clip just converted to Cineform MOV, a 0.07s clip took 40 minutes. My second clip is now estimating 8 hours to convert 1.37s of footage. This is obviously unworkable and not a possibility to transcode all of my 30+ GB of footage.

I have Windows 7 64, 16GB RAM, I7-2600K, NVidia GT240.

Are there any known issues with AME & Cineform conversions? Or any other workflows I should look into for working with my GoPro footage? I was considering a GPU upgrade in the next few weeks, to a GT680 - is this likely to help in playback/processing of PPro timeline/AME or is this more of a RAM issue?

I'm trying to convert to Cineform as none of the footage will play smoothly in Premiere CS6. Cineform Studio installs but will not convert a whole clip for some reason, usually only 30s/60s of the clip.

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: GoPro Cineform Conversion
on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:16:07 pm

Hi John,

Try the Matrox codec here http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/vfw_software_codecs/download...

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Davies
Re: GoPro Cineform Conversion
on May 9, 2013 at 9:56:24 pm

Thanks a heap, Jeff!

I'd gone through so many codecs, and ended up with a ridiculous workflow to get my GoPro footage editable.

Even a straight conversion in Cineform Studio resulted in horrible colours and long process times. Matrox works super fast, and the files look identical to the source, slightly larger file size but definitely worth it.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]