FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg2 or MP4

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaho Teyib
mpeg2 or MP4
on Mar 3, 2013 at 10:41:33 am

i work Edius 6 and Adobe Premiere cs6 software and ity some setting for exporting SD avi and quicktime file to mpeg2 file
but i lost video quality so i have 2 questions :-

1- what is a setting to best quality for 720X576 mpeg2 ?
2- i can export 720X576 projects to MP4 720X576 ? and which one its better SD Mp4 or SD mpeg2 ?

thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: mpeg2 or MP4
on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:32:26 pm

Hi Shaho,

If you are asking if you can use .mp4 for DVD, then no, DVD must be MPEG-2 always, it is an exact specification. For other purposes like the web or portable devices, then .mp4 (H.264) is the better choice. It is a more efficient codec, meaning at low bit rates it looks better than MPEG-2.

About quality, if you start with an HD source, DVD will never look as good because it is SD (standard definition). To match the source quality would require Blu-ray disc which is HD.

Not familiar with export options from EDIUS, but from Premiere, use File > Export > Media and choose "MPEG-2 DVD" for the format and then choose a Preset such as "PAL High Quality". Then you will need to adjust the bit rate to accommodate the length of your program. Just do a web search for "bit rate calculator" and there are many to help you find the correct number to enter. For longer programs, use VBR encoding, and when starting with an HD source, check the box for "Maximum Render Quality" as this helps with the downscaling quality.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Shaho Teyib
on Mar 6, 2013 at 10:45:30 pm

thanks so much Jeff Pulera
really i don't want for DVD , just i have On air Software for TV name Airbox . i want play by hi quality

thanks again for replay

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:12:21 pm

Hi Shaho,

Is your source widescreen 16:9 format? If so, you might need to export as 1024x576 using square pixels (1.0 pixel aspect ratio) depending on the viewing hardware/software. If working with 16:9 and the playback looks like 4:3, then try changing the size.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]