can't encode QT H264 1080P ?!?! CS6 / windows 7

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
florian herweg
can't encode QT H264 1080P ?!?! CS6 / windows 7
on Feb 27, 2013 at 1:55:52 pm

all of a sudden i can't encode videos to a QT H264 in 1080p

let me elaborate:

it started that i wanted to export a 1080P project in premiere cs6 to a 720p h264 quicktime. everything worked fine.

then i did the same process exporting the a 1080p version. the only thing i changed was the size obviously (from 1280x720 to 1920x1080) and the max bit rate from 6000 to 10000.

it didn't get over 0% and crashed premiere.

so i exported a 1080p version with the animation codec and imported that file into the media encoder. i set the file to the 1080p 25i preset. changed it from interlaced to progressive and hit start. after 8% it just hangs and does nothing. i let it be for more than 20 minutes but nothing happened. again. if i do the same process in 720p it works fine.

my last resort was to do the export directly via quicktime pro. same thing. after 8% it just says "export controller has stopped working".

i googled that but coulnd't find any useful help

you guys know what to do?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: can't encode QT H264 1080P ?!?! CS6 / windows 7
on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:17:19 pm

The QuickTime system will often fail when using a large number of threads. This occurs most on computers with a large number of processors (CPUs), including computers with a large number of virtual processors created through hyperthreading. This is especially a problem with Appleā€™s H.264 exporter component within QuickTime.

To get around this problem, disable hyperthreading or reduce the number of processor cores available to QuickTime.

This document on the Adobe website describes how to do this:
http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-warning-or.htm...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

florian herweg
on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:28:22 am

that's really unfortunate. apple needs to release a 64bit version of Quicktime for Windows.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:29:09 pm

I can't speak for Apple, but I believe that the QuickTime system is EOL (end of life) and won't be getting any such updates.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]