FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting h264 in FLV Wrapper?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Altomare
Exporting h264 in FLV Wrapper?
on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:59:11 am

Hello All -

I have a client that needs their videos exported in an FLV wrapper, but I'm not happy with the quality/file size I'm getting from the On2 VP6 CODEC - I'd very much like to use h264. However, it appears the only way to encode h264 in a Flash wrapper is to make an .f4v - which the client isn't happy with ("why did you send me .f4v files? I wanted .flv files!").

So the question is, can Adobe Media Encoder encode h264 in an flv wrapper? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--

brent altomare

executive producer

groovy like a movie

c: 619.227.2818

d: 858.715.8586

twitter: @groovybrent

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Exporting h264 in FLV Wrapper?
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:23:28 pm

No.

F4V is defined as using H.264. FLV s the old version of the container for Flash Video, and it uses On2 VP6.

Why is your client objecting to the F4V file?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Brent Altomare
on Feb 1, 2013 at 12:44:10 am

We're taking over from a previous vendor, and .flv is what they're expecting. I think they're concerned about legacy compatibility - although I tried to explain that every Flash player since ~2007 would happily play the .f4v.

Oh well - looks like we're going with Spark!

--

brent altomare

executive producer

groovy like a movie

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:36:42 am

If you need some help convincing them, let me know. I have the convenience of being able to walk down the hall and ask the people who write that code.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Brent Altomare
on Feb 3, 2013 at 12:29:53 am

Thanks Todd!

We need to build some trust with this client before I start suggesting structural changes. They have a way they've done it before - and while we have been brought in to improve their processes and product, they are very cautious about change. So I may take you up on that in the coming weeks! Just not today.

--

brent altomare

executive producer

groovy like a movie

Return to posts index

max hunter
on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:28:54 pm

I am often struck by the fact that Adobe chooses not to provide what "we the customer" want, but rather what you think we should have. I work on a government contract and we absolutly require the flv format. We now have to limit upgrades so that some of us can do what we need.

We want the flv format from AME. We want it. Many of us want it. Does that mean anything to you? We do pay for your product you know?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:38:23 pm

That's why we continue to make the older versions available and make sure that they can exist side-by-side with the newer applications---so that you can keep using them however you need.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

max hunter
on Sep 19, 2014 at 9:28:27 pm

can I install AdobeMediaEncoderTrial_64-6.0.3-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip on a machine that currently runs CC?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]