FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pulldown removal with permanent change

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Morris
Pulldown removal with permanent change
on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:09:03 pm

Hey Guys ~

I recently switched to Abobe from FCP7 and while the transition has been pretty smooth, I'm still getting up to speed on some things. One of them has to do with pulldown removal.

I've shot some B-roll footage in AVCHD with a Canon camera under the "24fps recorded at 60i" setting. With Apple Compressor, I used to remove the pulldown and essentially create "fake 24p native" footage that would cut seamlessly with my A-camera's 24p native shots.

I've searched the forums and read the manuals on how to do this with Adobe, and have been unable to find an answer. The "Interpret Footage" command in Premiere and AME seems to do just that, interpret the footage while the original source file remains untouched. For example, if I change the frame rate in Premiere, then import the source file into AE, it still reads as a 29.97.

Apple's Compressor would go in and actually remove frames from the 60i footage. It was a permanent change: the resulting file was smaller due to the removed frames and when imported into other programs it would be read as a 24fps file. Does someone know how to do this within the Adobe world? I'd be happy with a solution in Premiere, AE or AME.

Thanks much,
Sean

Return to posts index

Sean Morris
Re: Pulldown removal with permanent change
on Nov 11, 2011 at 11:41:36 pm

Hey Guys ~

Just to update, there has been a discussion about this over on the Adobe forums as well. Seems like the short answer to whether or not Adobe software can accurately remove pulldown is "no". In the meantime I'll continue to use Compressor, and have left a feature request with Adobe. Feel free to do the same if you'd also like to see this feature.

Here's the thread in the Adobe forums.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4020831

Thanks,
Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]