FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Media Encoder Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Rogers
Adobe Media Encoder Questions
on Oct 20, 2012 at 2:29:57 am

I'm stumped.

I'm trying to render a high quality video file to show clients a project I'm working on.

I've tried rendering using .h264 to an mp4, but it always shows the file path as it's going to render an .mp4, but actually renders an .m4v which no one can playback.

Second, I tried to render to quicktime, using the .h264 codec. I set the size to 1920x1080, 24fps quality at 100 and unchecked the "limit data rate" box. (I've tried it with it checked as well). In this case it simply won't render and fails immediately.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

PS - is there a way to set the default frame rate it interprets footage? I'm working from a film scan source and it always defaults source footage to 29.97 - very annoying.

Return to posts index

Craig Rogers
Re: Adobe Media Encoder Questions
on Oct 20, 2012 at 6:57:23 pm

This keeps getting crazier. I think AME CS6 is whacked.

There's a certain point in my tif sequence that every output I do with AME it freeze frames that point. I've checked my tif sequence and it does NOT freeze frame. I've rendered a quicktime directly out of AE without an issue. All of this weirdness is only happening when I try to use Media Encoder.

As far as I can tell CS6 Media Encoder simply will not output an mp4 file. I just selected a YouTube preset and once again everything indicates that it will render out an mp4, but it always renders an m4v file.

Add this to the weirdness I've been having with CS6 AE and I'd say CS6 has been a colossal disaster.

Any idea how to work around these bugs and get proper videos output from Media Encoder?

Return to posts index

Georgios Soumelidis
Re: Adobe Media Encoder Questions
on Oct 31, 2012 at 3:35:36 pm

Try the simple "HD 1080p 25". Its in the bottom of the 32453245 presets it AME gives you for H.264

I also had the same problem and got away with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]