FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export frame rate based on source?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Parsons
Export frame rate based on source?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 12:51:12 am

I can't figure out how to set up a preset to encode a video based on the source video's frame rate. According to Adobe's help, "When set to Automatic (Based On Source), Adobe Media Encoder automatically sets this value to match the frame rate of the source."

The only problem is, I don't have an option for 'Automatic'.

Any idea how I can get this working?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Export frame rate based on source?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 3:29:00 am

The automatic setting only exists for a small number of formats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:14:46 pm

Do you happen to know where I can find a list of which codecs offer the Automatic setting? I tend to encode ProRes and H.264's more than anything.

Does this bother anyone else or are most people used to having to create 4 presets when 1 should do the trick?

ProRes 720 - 24FPS
ProRes 720 - 30FPS
ProRes 1080 - 24FPS
ProRes 1080 - 30FPS

VS

ProRes (source frame size) - (source frame rate)

Thanks for the reply Todd! Just one more question, I can't seem to find Adobe Media Encoder in the dropdown for feature request, any idea where I put one in for AME?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 28, 2012 at 9:46:45 pm

The automatic matching of the output parameters based on source settings is available for FLV and F4V (and one deprecated exporter).

If you'd like to have more formats have these options, leave a feature request. Adobe Media Encoder doesnt have its own entry in the feature-request form, so you should choose whichever "client" application you use (e.g., Premiere Pro, After Effects).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]