FORUMS: list search recent posts

media encoder cs6 estimated file size problem

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar Djordjevic
media encoder cs6 estimated file size problem
on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:37:50 pm

Recently I updated my Adobe software from CS 5.5 to CS 6 and from beginnig there was a problem with AME. Estimated file size was wrong every time I put something to encode. Usualy I need mpg2 file and I found two diferences in AME CS 6

First one is diferent file size with exatly the same output settings in CS 5.5 and CS 6. Files encoded with AME CS 5.5 were smaller in size but had the same picture quality. Eg. the DV avi video of one and a half hour, exported with AME CS 5.5 had about 4.1 GB and same file with absolutely the same settings in AME CS 6 had 4.5 GB

What's the catch?

Second one is that AME CS 6 never gives me the right information of estimated file size after encoding. It doesn't matter what are the settings for the output file (mpg2 as mentioned before), when it shows the estimated file size 4096 MB, I got file of 4.7 GB! 600MB wrong ?! This is the one extreme case. Usualy I got around 200-400 MB larger file then the estimated size was. In AME CS 5.5 estimated file size was everytime the same as the file size after encoding. Now I'm using AME CS 5.5 again, because I don't want to guess what would be the size of the file after encoding.
Anyone had the same or similar problem or have a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]