FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast Start streaming with Adobe Media Encoder CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Lopez
Fast Start streaming with Adobe Media Encoder CS6
on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:33:45 pm

Hello,

First off - apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but I haven't been able to find an answer for this.

We use Compressor to make h264 Quicktimes for uploading to our company website for client approval. One key part of compressor is it allows us to turn "Fast Start Streaming" on. If we don't have it on, the video takes longer to load. We can't afford this because clients either have slow internet or think the link isn't working (when in reality it is just loading into the buffer).

Fast Start Streaming is a must for us.

I can't find any way to turn on Fast Start Streaming when exporting through Premiere Pro or AME. Am I missing something?

Also... what the hell is the "Filters" tab for? Are there plugins for this that might be able to do things like adding streaming options or maybe even TC overlay? Seems silly to build a filters tab and only give me a blur filter.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dan Berk
Re: Fast Start streaming with Adobe Media Encoder CS6
on Oct 11, 2012 at 3:41:12 pm

Also looking for this info. Compressed headers are key when .mov or .mp4 files online. Without the compressed header there is no stream bar to look at and clients will just think that the link, video, or computer is broken.

Return to posts index

Diego Lopez
on Oct 11, 2012 at 3:56:44 pm

I haven't been able to test this with our website yet, but I just noticed there is a "stream" option in the "Multiplexer" tab of an h264 mp4 setting in Media Encoder CS6.

The choices are: "standard," "iPod," or "PSP."

This stream option is NOT available when making an h264 Quicktime MOV.

Return to posts index

Dan Berk
on Oct 11, 2012 at 4:15:36 pm

I gave that a test using the PostSpots media sharing website that we use regularly to share various cuts. I encoded a test file at both "Standard", "iPod", and "PSP" and uploaded all 3 to PostSpots to see if any would stream with a compressed header.

Unfortunately none of them loaded quickly and I was staring at the Quicktime logo until the video had finished downloading/buffering in the background. So as far as I can tell that is not the option we are looking for.

I will keep investigating but hopefully someone else will be able to chime in with some enlightening information.

Return to posts index

David Seay
on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:14:09 pm

I'm dealing with the same issue. If you can use an MP4, it will work great....just like you need. I, like you, have found no way to export an h264 via media encoder with a fast start.

Hope this helps

TV- It's why Kennedy beat Nixon
david seay
http://www.davidseayproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]