FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor/Lan-quality FCP similar settings in Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
Compressor/Lan-quality FCP similar settings in Media Encoder
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:27:19 pm

Hello. I'm in the process of switchign over to CS6 from FCP Studio. Been working in Premiere and AE for a few weeks now. One thing I am having a hard time with is matching the quality/smaller file sizes I get when exporting using Quicktime Conversion in FCP7. I have sme clients who aren't that web savvy and require low file sizes yet still want to view 720p previews. (yes I know ha). So ... for example, I am able to export a 30sec spot from FCP using quicktime conversion form prores 422 timeline and get a 720p file that is 5MB in size and looks great. I tried to match the setting in MC by creatign a preset. But MC doesn't seem to have the editable parameters to match the below settings (see attached image) nor does it seem to have a multipass setting (that I know of).

I can adjust keyframe rate and select h.264 compression and change the bit rate. but I don't even come close to gettign as low as 5MB wiht the same clip exported from within FCP QTC.

Any ideas? I've tried mp4 3000kbps stock presets within MC and still not even close. Thanks.

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
Re: Compressor/Lan-quality FCP similar settings in Media Encoder
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:28:47 pm

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]