FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Image Sequences..

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Hattne
Exporting Image Sequences..
on Dec 19, 2018 at 5:35:53 pm

This is really not the right moment to post, since I'm fuming... (I've done a bit of googeling... to no avail)

I've exported an image sequence from After Effects and there's an endless stream of changes on this since days ago where I do a change and export that bit over existing images. Saves time instead of rendering everything from start to finish.
At some point I decided to use AME, which is nice but causes lots of irritation.

In After Effects adding a comp called MyComp_v2 to the render queue, would create a render with an output named "MyComp_v2_[XXXX].jpg"
If the work area starts at frame 100 I'd get MyComp_v2_0100.jpg, MyComp_v2_0101.jpg etc

Now.. in AME I could be so unluck to get following results..
Exporting starting at frame 100 will make that frame 0.
If I'm only exporting less than 1000 frames I'd get three digits, not four, which causes duplicates if I render to the same folder.
It will also create a render sequence named "MyComp_v2001.jpg" and not add the underscore to the comp name as After Effects does.
If I first queue the render and then move it to AME, I'll get files named MyComp_v2_[XXXX]001.jpg, MyComp_v2_[XXXX]002.jpg etc.
I did go into the export settings and Set Start Timecode to 0:00:06:09, and still the first frame ended up being 0001.

Is there a way to make AME export in a way congruent with how After Effects does it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]