FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Export Doesn't Pass QC

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Garriott
Audio Export Doesn't Pass QC
on Sep 2, 2018 at 2:07:11 am

Recently I delivered a series of videos to a client, and the audio didn't pass their QC software, but I haven't quite pinpointed why.

I exported the videos as H.264s with the audio as AAC, 48000 Hz, 320kbps, but they're claiming that the files are 41000 Hz and 128Kbps. In quicktime, it shows the files as 48000 Hz, and I double checked the preset I used and it says 320kbps.

My guess is that media encoder is doing a variable rate, so the kbps occasionally drops below 320Kbps and it flags their QC. Does that sound right? If so how do I make it constant? I don't see an option anywhere.

I also can't find any Mac software that will preform a QC on the files and show the audio bitrate. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Audio Export Doesn't Pass QC
on Sep 2, 2018 at 2:42:56 am

try opening the audio in audition. it should say if its really 44.1

Return to posts index

Peter Garriott
on Sep 4, 2018 at 7:39:15 pm

It says it's 48. I'm super confused. I also can't find any application to confirm the bitrate of the audio.

Media encoder is pumping out the AAC audio as CBR or VBR? I just don't see any info on it anywhere.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Sep 4, 2018 at 10:35:11 pm

in audition's windows-properties it will say bitrate, sample rate, bit depth, format, etc.

Return to posts index

Peter Garriott
on Sep 5, 2018 at 1:26:05 pm

I'm using Audition Build 11.1, and it does show sample rate and bit depth, but no bit rate, even when you go to the window to view additional properties. I was able to show the bitrate in Mpeg Streamclip, which states the bitrate at 317kbps, although no confirmation if Media Encoder is spitting out the AAC as CBR or VBR.

If you export audio out of Audition, it does it give you the option for CBR and VBR. So maybe worse case scenario, I'll have to encode the video and audio separately, then mux them.

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Sep 5, 2018 at 1:58:11 pm

Have you had a look at the file in MediaInfo?

Return to posts index

Peter Garriott
on Sep 5, 2018 at 2:12:11 pm

Oh, I just tried MediaInfo. That was really helpful. It does state that the audio is variable. So as far as I can tell, Premiere and Media Encoder can't output AAC at CBR, although I'd love to be wrong about that.

Does anyone have any suggestions of great encoders that can batch lots of videos and output AAC with a CBR?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]