FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts why a render would work in PP but not in AME

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Scott
Thoughts why a render would work in PP but not in AME
on May 14, 2018 at 10:46:41 pm

I had a heck of a time last night trying to get a <4min video to render in AME. 1920x1080 @ 30fps.

Video was all motion graphics plus music. Quite a few subsequences and animated transitions, something I probably should have done in AE but I thought PP would handle it fine, and it did. Every time I sent it to queue in AME, it would render the first 1-2 min, then AME would lock up and I had to force quit. Each freeze at a different point. Once the renders started, I would close PP, so I don't think it was a RAM issue. (I have 64GB, 28 assigned to AME.)

Here's the thing. I was able to render the sequence with the same settings within PP. No problem.

I had a deadline at this point, so I ran with the PP render and did the necessary downconversions through Compressor, which did its work in seconds. But now I'm concerned that I'm doing something wrong in sending PP sequences to queue in AME. I know there are many variables I could test to figure this out, but I'm wondering if this kind of issue sounds familiar to anyone. Am I missing an obvious step?

I'm using Adobe CC 2018 on a 10-core iMac Pro 64GB RAM. Thanks in advance!

[no flash-frames where none intended]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]