FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoder presets video sizes and convertors

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fares Mejdi
Encoder presets video sizes and convertors
on Apr 28, 2018 at 4:40:24 pm

Hello, this might seem an obvious one for very experienced users, I hope you reply only if you know what you re talking about.
----
I'm not really a very advanced editor, I use premiere, and you know when you export with media encoder and you get an mp4, h264 1080p of 4 minutes (youtube preset) that is sized 400 mb (alot of transitions/some grading and mixing) ! and that lags on media players, and then you convert that very same video by a simple converter and you get it to 140 mb...
why? because I don't see much difference in quality really between the first exported 400 mb and the 140 mb converted by freemake video converter! I thought the youtube preset already gives you a compressed product.
I know you can do the same conversion too with encoder but it just seems easier to to not play with all the settings there and keep trying for small size..
I hope someone could explain the matter.
thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Encoder presets video sizes and convertors
on Apr 29, 2018 at 10:36:24 pm

the free converter could be using more delta frame and thus smaller file size. the smaller file size may also be improving disk read speed in playback. also, there's a good balance between resolution and bitrate. low res and high bitrate can sometimes look better than high res with low bitrate. this is called the bits/pixel ratio. handbrake makes good mpeg4 files and has presets too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]