FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project takes 20 + hours to render

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannah Park
Project takes 20 + hours to render
on Mar 8, 2018 at 1:55:22 am

I'm having trouble with rendering videos on Adobe Media Encoder. I'm exporting a 1 hour video made from After Effects and the estimated time is calculated for 23 hours. The video is just a simple playlist video with a solid and an audio spectrum. The past video, I made similar to this one, took about 15 hours to render.

I'm just using the youtube 720p preset on Macbook Air 2015. I also tried doing it on After Effects itself, but the file was estimated to be over 100 GB?? I tried like every possible solution on the internet but its not working :(

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Project takes 20 + hours to render
on Mar 8, 2018 at 3:29:01 pm

Sometimes the rendering of complex effects, while at the same time encoding to H.264, can multiply export times.

Try exporting to an intermediate codec first, such as ProRes or DNxHD. This is much easier for the machine to encode, but will create larger files, so hopefully you have adequate storage.

Once the file is exported, then convert that file to H.264 for delivery. This two-step process could very well be much faster than what you are doing. Perhaps try a short sample both ways to compare times.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]