FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video codec with 96kHz Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simeon in 't Veld
Video codec with 96kHz Audio
on Jan 27, 2018 at 11:52:39 am

Hey!

I am finishing up a music video I have been working on and the client (Audio producer) wants the output to be in 96kHz audio.
I have lookup this up a bit and found youtube also recommends this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6039860?hl=en

However everytime I choose H.264, AAC+V2 I still get only 48 kHz. *And yes, I checked; my sequence settingss are also 96kHz.

So, Does anyone here know a good codec I can use to export to this sample rate?
I also need a good high quality codec. (I havebeen using mxf op1a for this but this does not seem to support 96 khz audio either.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Thight deadline)

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Video codec with 96kHz Audio
on Jan 29, 2018 at 3:27:45 pm

How is the video to be delivered - is the export meant for YouTube specifically? For YT, you don't have to upload H.264 - they will accept some higher-quality less-compressed video formats and then the video compression happens on their end. Perhaps ProRes? Assuming your internet bandwidth will support a large file upload.

I understand that a music producer would want the best possible sound, but H.264 video is very highly compressed, so it seems odd to try and marry ultra-high-quality audio to a mediocre compressed video format.

And I guess I'd also question that if this is for YouTube, will viewers have listening equipment to experience the benefit of 96k audio anyway, would they know the difference from 48k? I only ask because I've been producing video for over 25 years and have never used or even been exposed to 96k audio, first I'm really hearing of it here. Didn't know it was "a thing".

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Jan 30, 2018 at 6:09:21 pm

Right! Well I am now working for just over 2 years and I have to deal with it haha! Really high end production job.

What codec is recommended for 96kHz audio? I cant seem to get it to work on DNxHD. And since im on a PC I have a hard time getting Apple ProRes to work.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:39:54 pm

Hi Simeon,

Are you using Premiere CC? Choose QuickTime, and then GoProCineform YUV 10-bit and that does offer the 96k audio option.

Still not clear, does this have to end up on YouTube? Not sure if they can accept Cineform .mov, maybe try a short sample.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:41:59 pm

PS - you will NOT be able to export to ProRes on the PC, as Apple has never offered the required export codec for PC. A few companies have tried to offer reverse-engineered ProRes encoders for PC, but none of them seem to stick around long - perhaps Apple's legal team gave them a call, I don't know.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:45:06 pm

Thanks! I will give this a try. Well, its not just youtube. Also for live in-studio viewings for presentations etc. where we do want to deliver as little compression as possible in 4K (UHD resolution) @ 96 KhZ lossless audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]