FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame rate changed

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Freeman III
frame rate changed
on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:55:53 pm

(cc2017/win10)

I have been working on a 6 part project for five months and have been rendering as h264 for testing and approvals.

For the final, I have been rendering as Mov/Animation (uncompressed) so I could transcode to Mov/PreoRes to meet the distributors requirements and maintain maximum quality.

All material's frame rate is 23.976. In AME the settings are 23.976, yet after a 26 hour render (lot's of dynamic links between Premiere Pro and After Effects, as well as Denoiser), the framerate is 23.653.

In AME's preference's under Media, the intermediate frame rate is set to 23.976.

Anyone have any idea why the frame rate has changed.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: frame rate changed
on Jan 24, 2018 at 2:50:37 pm

Where are you seeing the 23.653 frame rate? If you import the clip into Premiere and use New Sequence from Clip, what is the frame rate of the sequence showing then?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Jan 24, 2018 at 3:20:49 pm

The frame rate in the original footage is 23.976, in the original sequence 23.976, PP & AME Preferences set to 23.976 as intermediate framerate.

My issue was not with any individual clip, it was with the complete project when transcoding with AME.

After posting to this forum, I re-exported the same project, and triple checking all settings and had no issue. As per MediaInfo the framerate is 23.976.

The only NON-Standard issue was transcoding as MOV-Animation, Optimize Stills, Full Color Depth, Maximum Quality instead of the standard h.264/Vimeo Quality, Optimize Stills, Full Color Depth, Maximum Quality which has never created video/audio sync issues for me.

My concern is why or how this can occur.

Thank you for taking the time to inquire on this issue.

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:49:00 pm

Update:
In a Premiere Pro project with all framerates at 23.976, AME rendered at 23.653 and Premiere Pro Exported the same project at 23.976. File format was MOV-Animation 1920x1080 Maximum Render Quality, Maximum Color Depth, Optimize Stills, Optical flow, audio stereo 48k 16 bit.

Recently I updated Windows 10 and had to reinstall OpenCL.Dll and updated GTX 1080 Ti drivers, but fail to see the relevance to this rendering discrepancy issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]