80 hour export for 30 second 4K clip?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Shpuntov
80 hour export for 30 second 4K clip?
on Dec 9, 2017 at 2:31:42 am
Last Edited By Daniel Shpuntov on Dec 9, 2017 at 4:27:27 am

Hey there,

I've searched through as many previous threads as I could and followed prior suggestions but nothing seems to be working.

I've been trying to export a 30 second sequence (4K footage) and the export time continues to range from 80 hours - 150 hours. I tried exporting the same sequence in 1080p and the elapsed export time was 11 minutes... something doesn't seem to add up.

I've been queuing the export in Adobe Media Encoder and running it through there.

The clip has 6 adjustment layers on top - all have masks with lumetri effects on them - no tracking. I don't need audio to be exported with the sequence either so I've checked that off.

I've been exporting in H.264...
23.96 frames per second.
Target bitrate = 40
Maximum bitrate = 40
VBR is set to one pass
"Use maximum render quality" is checked off.

In Adobe Media Encoder, I have the renderer set to "Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration".

I'm running this on a 2015 MacBook Pro. Adobe Premier 2015 CC and Adobe Media Encoder 2015 CC.
Exporting from an external hard drive. (1TB LaCie Rugged Mini) - it's got a 130MB/s transfer rate.

Computer Specs:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Is there anything I'm missing? Anything I can do to cut down my export time?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: 80 hour export for 30 second 4K clip?
on Dec 11, 2017 at 4:22:24 pm

Apparently your system does not like all the layers in 4k. Could you perhaps break things down a bit? Meaning do a few layers, export to intermediate codec (Avid DNxHD .mxf or ProRes for example), then bring that back into Premiere timeline and add more effects?

I've seen many similar posts, Mac and PC, and the obscene render time is due to asking for too much at once. It's quite possible that simply exporting to an intermediate codec might resolve the issue - rather than going straight to H.264, try ProRes or DNxHD first, then convert that new clip to H.264. That's because H.264 takes a lot of processing power to crunch down (compress the video) and you are doing that in addition to all the layering.

Just break down the process and I bet you get much more reasonable results

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Daniel Shpuntov
Re: 80 hour export for 30 second 4K clip?
on Dec 14, 2017 at 12:19:17 am

Will definitely try that. Appreciate the response Jeff!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]