FORUMS: list search recent posts

2018 Media Encoder glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Moss
2018 Media Encoder glitch?
on Dec 1, 2017 at 9:05:06 am

Hey there,

wondering if someone can help me with a Media Encoder/AE issue.

Basically, my problem is that when I export my AE project I’m getting this kind of ghosting effect (see screenshot) and I’m not sure why. The text moves from right to left and there’s no motion blur set to it. In the preview window in both AE and Media Encoder it looks fine. It’s only in the render where it comes out like this. I’m tried MP4 and MXF and I’m getting the same result.

My field order has got to be set as Upper First as per client’s request but I think this is the problem. If I change it to Progressive then it works fine - no ghosting. I’m using encoder 18 and I never had this issue on the previous version and I’ve just brought across my presets so no settings have changed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: 2018 Media Encoder glitch?
on Dec 1, 2017 at 7:16:56 pm

players don't play interlaced per field on a monitor that doesn't display fields. external hardware can. you can tell quicktime to deinterlace while playing back or import back into AE as interpret fields. it will deinterlace for you as a playback device.

Return to posts index

Jack Moss
Re: 2018 Media Encoder glitch?
on Dec 4, 2017 at 10:29:54 am

Great, thank you Chris. You're right, it was a player issue. When I changed it to deinterlace then problem solved. When I previewed the .mp4 in AE or Premiere it was fine too.

Before I updated to 2018 version it was previewing fine in Quicktime and VLC. Annoying!

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]