FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hollywood quality DVDs

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Bendewald
Hollywood quality DVDs
on Sep 28, 2017 at 6:45:20 pm

What does Hollywood do to make their DVDs have significantly better quality playback than I do using Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder?

My disc is pretty full with 98 minutes of video rendered with a constant bit rate (CBR) of 6 mbps. So what can a lowly Premiere Pro user do to produce videos that play at, or closer to, the quality that Hollywood movies provide?

The original footage was shot in 1080p.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Hollywood quality DVDs
on Sep 29, 2017 at 4:18:36 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 29, 2017 at 4:21:46 am

the mainconcept mpeg2 encoder in ame is fairly decent and hollywood actually burns dvd-9 disks that hold 8.5gb so see if you can burn dual layer disks and bump up your target bitrate with the new room. denoising first helps vbr size as well. I haven't tried ffmpeg's mpeg2 so can't comment on that one.

Return to posts index

Jim Bendewald
on Sep 29, 2017 at 5:34:22 pm

Chris, thank you for taking the time to respond. The idea for moving to a dual layer disc is very helpful.

The million dollar question is how high do you recommend setting the bit rate so the video is better quality but most players will still be able to play the video without stuttering or not working at all? Is 8 good or do you recommend the bit rate to be higher?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Sep 29, 2017 at 11:46:08 pm

usually 8 mbps constant bitrate. variable bitrate and 9 are both hard on older players.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 2, 2017 at 2:20:23 pm

Hi Jim,

What is your workflow from Premiere to Encore? It's possible that your progressive source is being converted to interlaced for DVD. Maybe post a screen grab of your Export Settings?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]