FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Create New Preset" that includes Metadata Template

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Diebler
"Create New Preset" that includes Metadata Template
on Jun 9, 2017 at 3:16:42 pm

Greetings,
I'm seeking advise to solve an AME puzzle. My end goal is to create a keyword tagging automation process that:

- Utilizes an AME "Watch Folder"
- Triggers AME to apply a custom "Preset" that defaults to include a custom "Output File Metadata - Export Template" (this is the puzzle)
- Triggers Adobe Bridge to see the Output File in a custom "Smart Collection Folder" (filtering for Dublin Core keywords)

I've succeeded in manually applying the "Output File Metadata" (to exclude Source metadata and apply new metadata) on a singular file, but I've failed in multiple attempts to make this succeed in the Watch Folder automation process. It seems the Preset does not default to include New "Output File Metadata", but instead defaults to use the Source Metadata. Are Metadata preference changes not stored/saved in the Preset? Can Metadata only be applied manually one file at a time?

Either I am missing an important step, or this needs to be a feature request?

Any advise or elucidation from the COW is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: "Create New Preset" that includes Metadata Template
on Jun 9, 2017 at 4:10:58 pm

PARTIALLY SOLVED: But not really. It appears the Metadata output defaults have to be made in AME Preferences. This makes it apply globally to all my clips in the Watch Folder. But this doesn't allow me to have varied/multiple custom Metadata Templates associated with multiple Watch Folders (and associated Presets). It's a step closer, but I want the Preferences to be specific to my custom Watch Folders.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]