FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decent workflow with AME seems hopeless.

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Decent workflow with AME seems hopeless.
on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:37:44 am
Last Edited By Jerry Smith on Apr 28, 2017 at 10:38:54 am

I've been using AE and AME 2014 for a long time.

I installed 2015.3 versions of both and 2015 versions of bridge. I'd like to be able to somehow point at a main comp in an AE project and start rendering. I don't really care how long the render takes. What is intolerable is just getting things going in AME. So I open AME and go to the media browser and find the project. So far so good. Then I click on the aep file. Then I have to wait FOUR minutes to get the various comps to appear in the media browser. Then I click on one or drag it to the Queue and then I have to wait another FOUR minutes for before anything shows up in the Queue.

WHY? WHY? WHY? I have 16GB of ram.

Mind you I'm NOT talking about render time. I'm just talking about STARTING a render.

This seems hopeless.

Is there any thing that can be done?

I had the same experience with 2014 versions. So I updated today.

Is this colossal destruction of my workflow a bug or a feature to increase subscription stickiness?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Decent workflow with AME seems hopeless.
on Apr 30, 2017 at 2:24:31 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Apr 30, 2017 at 2:26:09 pm

you need to post exactly what hardware you're running, os, speeds, hard disk setup, ram, cpu.
My guess is that you have a slow hard drive and it is trying to load it all into memory. you have disk cache on, your running ame's cache on same hd as os, and project media is also on same hd. amaright?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]