FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to convert 10-bit MOV to 10-bit AVI - getting baa'd at by a sheep instead

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Dysart
Trying to convert 10-bit MOV to 10-bit AVI - getting baa'd at by a sheep instead
on Jun 27, 2012 at 9:38:10 pm

So we have a client that wishes to disseminate his videos to both Mac & PC users. Initially we were going to go to a DigiBeta and capture the tape twice, however the deck was having problems so we went straight to hard drive.

Everyone tells me that AVI and MOV are just wrappers, and ultimately 10-bit is 10-bit. Both workstations have Blackmagic cards installed.

I've tried exporting from Adobe Premiere and just dropping the files into Media Encoder. I select Blackmagic AVI - 10-bit AVI and then I push export/start. It immediately fails and baa's like a sheep. Unknown error. Same thing with Premiere minus the sheep noise - unknown error. Yet, I'm able to import the video into Premiere, see it, shuttle through it, and it doesn't even want to render it.

So how do we convert? We're about to manually play the video from one workstation to another, or go back to tape and recapture once the Dbeta deck is up and running again.

Return to posts index

Wesley Dysart
Re: Trying to convert 10-bit MOV to 10-bit AVI - getting baa'd at by a sheep instead
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:17:32 pm

I've been told this is a known issue with Blackmagic, evidently since I'm trying to convert from Blackmagic 10-bit MOV to Blackmagic 10-bit AVI it's using the same component for both reading & writing, hence it chokes and can't do it.

Return to posts index

Brian Kutscher
Re: Trying to convert 10-bit MOV to 10-bit AVI - getting baa'd at by a sheep instead
on Jul 24, 2012 at 7:12:30 pm

I've been using Sony Vegas (Pro) software for conversion to and from many different formats, including the two you mention. No problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]