FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoder seems to run out of breath...

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph M. Cutcher
Encoder seems to run out of breath...
on Feb 12, 2017 at 7:23:58 am
Last Edited By Joseph M. Cutcher on Feb 12, 2017 at 7:39:59 am

Media Encoder seems to encode fine, and then just takes a break...encodes again...takes a break.

It looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/9LTPgUw.png

The cpu usage is at 100%, ram goes up, gpu usage is at 41% and everything is going fine. The preview window is showing progress

Then...

you just see all 4 cores drop in usage, ram goes down, and gpu usage goes down. The preview window stops showing progress.

Some breaks are only like 3 seconds, others are like 12. Sometimes they happen only a few seconds apart, and sometimes i get a short run between them.

This is drastically increasing how long it takes to encode, and all i'm doing is just trying to make a video proxy. It seems to get worse the longer it runs, as it doesn't happen on the 5 minute samples i tested with. This is a 1 hour length video.

google doesn't help because i get results for things like "force encoder to use 100% cpu" but my problem is that it is using 100% until it apparently takes a breather.

I have the source on my SSD, and i've tried saving the output on seperate occasions to the SSD and then the HDD just incase it was a harddrive bottleneck. But that didn't help

if there is a name for this, please tell me. any clues on what's going on? it's a .ts file extension being output to a GoPro QuickTime/.mov file with all the settings cranked as low as they can go for speed.

update: then i tried putting the source on the HDD and output to the SSD...same thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]