FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export gif is back ! - but where is alpha/transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurisuta vd Wilk
Export gif is back ! - but where is alpha/transparency
on Jan 11, 2017 at 2:27:30 pm

Hi There !

im happy the option export to gif- animation is back - or it was there already and I just missed it ...
BUT I cannot seem to find the option for transparency.

There is a option to put on the alpha, but than it just exports the alpha - not the other channels.

Anyone got an idea how to ?
In the screenshot you also see the composition in AE, and in Media encoder it doesnt show the alpha in the preview either.

Return to posts index

Kurisuta vd Wilk
Re: Export gif is back ! - but where is alpha/transparency
on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:26:02 pm

And I also tried it with 32 bpc, but that doesnt do the trick.
With PNG there is an option : include alpha.

Isn't it weird that with GIF there is no transparency option?

Return to posts index

Bernhard Pusch
on Jun 1, 2017 at 12:53:46 pm

I do have the same Problem.
Also tried 32 bpc - did not do the trick.
Work around via MOV and Photoshop works, but is there no way to do it native out of AE or AEM?

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Jul 10, 2017 at 8:41:24 pm

Here's how to export it:

https://bluefx.net/make-animated-gifs-effects-post-facebook/

http://bluefx.net

Return to posts index

Tom Spettigue
on Mar 15, 2019 at 5:04:28 am

I may never have encountered a less helpful forum post in my entire internet career.

You literally replied, months later, to a question that was never asked (the user asked how to export TRANSPARENT animated gifs - your link merely discusses normal animated gifs), by linking to a third-party website, which makes anyone who follows your link watch a YouTube video to get the relevant information, and then makes a naked, brazen, and shameless pitch for an "educational" series at the bottom. I'll happily opine on the likely quality of an "educational" video series from a group that apparently needs to resort to bait-and-switch tactics on a free creative forum (rather than, say, a comprehensive and useful educational content on the subject of video editing, effects, etc. that rises to prominence due to reputation, referral, and observable upfront quality even to a layman).

The amount of time I could've saved if I had never seen this post is staggering, but since you have already successfully wasted my time from the dustbin of history, I need you to know that I went all in. I have lurked at this website for years, I was delighted to see that it was still on the internet - it helped me in my early Premiere and Photoshop days many, many, many times. It's a wonderful community that, until now, well over 10 years later, I had not created an account at.

You changed that. I literally created an account to respond to what amounts to one of the lowest forum posts ever witnessed by civilized humanity. You helped no one, wasted people's time, and THEN, to top it all off, had the audacity to ask those very same people (the ones you neither helped nor respected the time belonging to) for money on your "course". Go to your room and think about what you've done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]