FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best render settings for video with lots of motion?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Novacek
Best render settings for video with lots of motion?
on Jan 2, 2017 at 11:13:04 am

Hello all, I have been searching this forum for years now and its helped me out alot by you guys answering other peoples questions. But I am stuck right now. I used after effects to create an animation with lots of motion, I render it from AE in photo-jpeg or animation codec and import to FCPX to make some edits and export the ProRes file from there. When I upload to youtube the quality is SHOT, like completely ruined. Locally the videos look fine, I stopped editing in FCPX because it seems to me FCPX makes my videos a little blurry during motion after export. I have done many render tests and and uploaded to youtube and every upload came out with the same result. I have rendered one final output from AME using dynamic link from AE and the final output was gorgeous, no artifacts what so ever unlike rendering from FCPx. Until i uploaded to youtube then it would turn to crap. Here are some test renders

-720 29.97 prores 422 50mps - FCPx final render - Pre rendered in AE using Animation
-720 29.97 H.264 12mps - FCPx final render - Pre rendered in AE using Animation
-720 60 prores 422 95mps - FCPx Final render - Pre rendered in AE using Photo-jpeg
-720 60 H.264 13mps - FCPx Final Render - Pre rendered in AE using Photo-jpeg
-720 29.97 AVC - Youtube preset AME
-720 29.97 AVC 62mps - AME Final render AE dynamic link. The Final render came out to 34mps using quicktimes Inspector

I have read throughout online that the quality is better at resolutions 1080 or 1440p even. My cpu cant handle that render task thats why I render at 720. So Im at a complete standstill right now, my other videos had the artifacts in the upload but they weren't as noticeable as this project Im currently working on.

Link to my current project:
Current upload - 720 29.97 AVC 62mps export but youtube re compressed it to between 13000kbps and 24000kbps

* The quality is horrible, I dont know what to do, doesnt matter what settings I render at the youtube upload quality is crap. Im not giving up yet, I see tons of videos with lots of motion and sharpness uploaded at GORGEOUS quality, Example:

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Best render settings for video with lots of motion?
on Jan 3, 2017 at 2:17:13 pm

the best quality comes from dnxhd/hr uploaded, but you need a fast internet upload connection.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jan 3, 2017 at 4:23:51 pm

What's happening is that once the video is uploaded to YouTube it is then transcoding the video to a format that YouTube delivers. The real trick is to upload a version that YouTube (or whichever video streaming site) recognizes immediately and won't transcode. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en should be the right information, additionally the YouTube presets in Media Encoder has done this in my experience (preset under H.264/MP4 [wrapper is important], as far as I have seen YouTube does not natively work with anything AVC).

Used to be able to trick it into using higher bitrates than what it would normally allow, by having your upload in the correct format, but encoded at a higher bitrate. Uncertain if you can still do that or if it will transcode if the bitrate is too high. Try an encode from your master to the recommended (maybe try a higher bit rate than listed?). It certainly won't be perfect, but it should be a whole lot better. Should also cut off a whole lot of the "processing" time before the video is available and shouldn't see a "encode/transcode" step.

Return to posts index

Dustin Novacek
on Jan 3, 2017 at 10:23:19 pm

I read that online somewhere too, is that true? Im not giving up on making animations, just there has to be a way around this

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]