FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photo animation look awful when compressing the Master to DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Re Gomez
Photo animation look awful when compressing the Master to DVD
on Dec 20, 2016 at 1:57:29 pm

Hi, I'm a documentary filmmaker and I made a 30 min.documentary length with very nice footage of nature.

In the film, there are two animated photos, very simple, an animation from right to left, simulating a pan. I exported the Master 1080p in ProRes or Photo-JPG and It looks perfect. The problem appear when I convert it to regular DVD, I did a .img file (containing VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders) to to test it in my mac with DVD Player and when I play it, the image looks great, except the animations of those two photos, these look awful, with a very hard alias and some kind of flicker.

The animation is slow, so it is not a subject of speed. Long time ago I had a similar problem, but years than I don't have to burn a DVD, so I don't recall how I fixed that. I remember than It was related with the aspect ratio (square or no-square) or the interlace, or something like that. The conversion to NTSC change the structure of the photo animation and it get that alias and flicker.

I really appreciate any comment or advise from somebody who got to play a photo animation in a perfect way on DVD.

Thank you in advance !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]