FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting video from the TARGA format?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Miller
Getting video from the TARGA format?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 4:03:38 am

Hello,

I am working with a client on some video promos using After Effects. He is telling me that he needs me to export the videos in .TGA format. I never used this format before but I found the setting as Targa in Adobe Encoder. I realize that this is an image sequence and does not include audio but I think my client is under the impression that this is a video format. My client gave me some more detail and mentioned that he needed, *native format and graphics in TGA with alpha*. I do not know what this means. Can anyone help me figure this out? Is the .TGA format only an image sequence or can it also be a video format?
Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Mike janowski
Re: Getting video from the TARGA format?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 5:34:17 am

Here's a good place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truevision_TGA

It's been eons since I output TARGA files. My approach would be "the setting's there, let's output." But according to my sources (multiple, all googled), TGA supports alpha. Just make sure you select "millions +", which gives me an alpha channel when I use another ancient codec when called upon (Animation...)

This "native format" is a bit puzzling...native to what, your source material you're using to build the comp?

As far as it's being a "video" format...any editor I've used has been able to import .tga sequences and play them back as video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]