FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting the best color H264?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Murphy
Getting the best color H264?
on Nov 11, 2016 at 3:04:08 am

Hi Community,

I am tired of seeing my color get washed out after a render. (see embeded image... top is AE, bottom is the rendered h.264 video)
I have been doing 2d animation for a while now and have always just settled with the output of the h.264 codec.

Is there a better option to get the most accurate color from my renders? At the same time rendering to h.264?

My workflow is mainly: Illustrator/Photoshop/Toon Boom Harmony > After Effects > Adobe Media Encoder
I leave the color workspace to "none" for all footage/project settings across the board and I'm working on a Mac.

Any suggestions on how to get beautiful color from renders is much much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Getting the best color H264?
on Nov 20, 2016 at 4:36:57 am

if you're not selecting -configure-codec in media encoder dnxhd 709 as video levels or you want another codec that
doesn't support it, you can burn in the video levels with a LUT. I made one that works with adobe products.

it doesn't work with adjustment layers directly.
you have to use it in the dropdown for the export in adobe media encoder. or you can NEST it first. its a premiere bug.

also it needs to be copied in both premiere-lumetri-technical and adobe media encoder-lumetri-technical

64 cube iridas lut for burning in darker 16-235 from 0-255. it darkens image.
https://f1.creativecow.net/10598/fixmyyoutube

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]