FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects sequences never start encoding, or are blurry

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wawroski
After Effects sequences never start encoding, or are blurry
on Nov 8, 2016 at 4:38:15 pm

Hey guys, I just signed up to share my experiences struggling with AME after updating to CC 2017.

When I import AE comps into AME and start encoding, it would get stuck loading and never actually start encoding. I found that my presets made in the previous version no longer match up with how CC 2017 categorizes the DNxHD codecs, so I had to make the same presets again using the new version.

Once I got it encoding, some of my comps would export blurry, even though the file came out at the right settings. It turns out AME uses the resolution you have set in your After Effects viewer, as in the resolution you see while you're working. If you work in half resolution without motion blur and then export through AME, then the end file will look like half resolution and no motion blur. Change the resolution to "Full" FIRST, then save your project and send it to AME.

I apologize if this is common knowledge already, I didn't see any other threads about it!

Return to posts index

Micheal Peterson
Re: After Effects sequences never start encoding, or are blurry
on Nov 11, 2016 at 8:10:24 pm

I have an issue where it does encode, however nothing can play it back. I have the current codec installed on my machine. This only started happening with the CC 2017 release

Return to posts index

Alex Wawroski
Re: After Effects sequences never start encoding, or are blurry
on Nov 12, 2016 at 12:49:19 am

Hey Michael-

I had the same issue with the DNxHD codec, do you mind if I ask what codec you're having this problem with? Is it all formats, or just that one? I'll see if I can figure it out if we're having the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]