Render Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuose Osemeka
Render Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder
on Oct 23, 2016 at 8:03:01 am

Hello Everybody

In AFX before Apple went nuts, we could render Alpha Channels like this

How do we now this this once simple thing now in Adobe Media Encoder?

Also how does one reduce the size in AME?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: Render Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder
on Oct 24, 2016 at 5:21:17 pm

[Chuose Osemeka] "How do we now this this once simple thing now in Adobe Media Encoder?"

Your ability to export an Alpha channel hasn't changed in AME. You need to determine which codec your using and if that codec supports an Alpha Channel. To enable the Alpha channel look for a drop down menu called "Depth." That drop down will need to be set to 32bit, which denotes your three channels R, G, and B (24bit) + an alpha channel (8bit). You can then bring that file into whatever software and it should act as you'd expect.

[Chuose Osemeka] "Also how does one reduce the size in AME?"

You'll have to be more specific on this. If you're discussing h.264 encoding then you'll need to look at the data rate you're using and whether it's CBR, VBR 1-Pass, or VBR 2-pass. If you're just talking about any given codec...well that's a big discussion. Different codecs encode files differently using different sample methods - ProRes vs DNxHD vs PNG vs Animaton vs DVCPRO. And within a given codec there can be multiple options offered (ProRes Proxy, ProRes LT, ProRes, ProRes HQ, ProRes 444) which will can greatly change the size of your resulting file.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Chuose Osemeka
Re: Render Alpha Channel in Adobe Media Encoder
on Oct 25, 2016 at 1:20:34 am

Thanks

I now can render with alpha channel.

I want to know please which one is the smallest sized codec for quicktime, considering quality too.

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]