FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvd's not readable from media encoder

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathurin Jerome
dvd's not readable from media encoder
on Oct 22, 2016 at 12:20:51 am

I encode my sequences from Premiere Pro using the Mpeg Dvd format. The DVD's Tjat I make from that play on only one of my DVD players. They don't play on the Mac lap top. This is a serious issue as I have to distribute the DVD's to varous people. Can that be corrected?

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: dvd's not readable from media encoder
on Oct 22, 2016 at 6:44:31 pm

How do you burn the DVDs? Software/hardware?

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 24, 2016 at 2:59:52 pm

You cannot simply burn the MPEG-2 DVD clips onto a disc and have a DVD. Rather, a DVD must be authored using appropriate software. In the end, the DVD disc will have a VIDEO_TS folder on it full of .vob files. These are all created by the authoring software. Anything else is not "DVD-legal" and will not play in set-top DVD players.

For Adobe users, the obvious choice would be Adobe Encore CS6. There is no CC version of Encore, but if you subscribe to CC you can download Premiere CS6 and Encore CS6 comes with it. It can installed alongside Premiere CC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Mathurin Jerome
on Oct 24, 2016 at 8:17:11 pm

I have done just that (use Encore) even though someone at the Adobe desk had told me I do not need Encore and that Media encoder is supposed to replace it. My question then is why does Adobe include Media Encoder which has a DVD encoding portion if it does not work to make DVD's that can be played on any DVD player.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:51:15 pm

Media Encoder creates the assets that are DVD-compliant, but those assets still must be run through an authoring program. Media Encoder creates the content for the DVD, but not the DVD itself. It's a media encoder, not a DVD software. There is a big difference.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Mathurin Jerome
on Oct 25, 2016 at 12:32:36 am

Thanks very much for this most elucidating clarification

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]