FORUMS: list search recent posts

Failed Exports

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antoine SinClaire
Failed Exports
on Oct 11, 2016 at 9:43:11 pm

Hi, kinda new here. I'm using the latest version of Media Encoder via the creative cloud.

I'm trying to export a short film I've worked on for several months.
The export will start but then several minutes in I'll receive this error code.

"Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\A:\Videos\Warm Winter Master Cut Version 2 Feature.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:54:10 - 00:00:54:19
Rendering at offset: 53.720 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

Any Idea what this means and how to resolve it?

My machine is as followed.
Intel core I7 4.0 Ghz
NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB VRAM
24GB GDDR4 RAM
I'm working from several SSD's. & HDD.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Failed Exports
on Oct 12, 2016 at 1:57:51 pm

Please post a screen shot of your Export Settings panel so we can understand the workflow being used

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Antoine SinClaire
on Oct 12, 2016 at 6:44:44 pm

Here are a few screenshots from my project.

I've looked at a few forums discussing the issue. From my understanding, it's a huge issue on adobe's end for years now.

I'd well appreciate any help at all. I've done a good deal of troubleshooting.

-Tried with and without CUDA render
-removing all audio to do just a video only export
-Changing several sequence settings including preview file type and sequence preset.
-changing many export settings.

I've spent several months editing this so I'd much appreciate a solution

I can also add a error code screenshot

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 12, 2016 at 7:33:13 pm

I see several anomalies straight away:

1. In Sequence Settings, Fields are set to Lower. Interlaced HD is always Upper, however, that only applies to 29.97 frame rate (1080i format). Since you are using 24p, that would indicate Progressive video (1080p) so Fields should be No Fields (Progressive).

2. Sequence audio is Stereo, but output is set to 5.1 Surround

3. Max Render should not be checked, that only helps when scaling output (which you are not) and it slows the export.

4. Export data rate seems excessive - what is the delivery destination?

It is best to NOT mess with Sequence Settings. When starting a New Project, Import some video clips, then right-click one of them and select New Sequence from Clip

This will create a proper sequence to match the footage, no guesswork/errors involved.

When exporting final video - what is the intended audience? If for YouTube or Vimeo, there are presets for that. Try one that matches the footage, such as H.264 > Vimeo 1080p and change the frame rate to 23.976 in Export Settings, but touch no other settings.

Being on these forums every day, one of the main causes of user frustration is changing settings without knowing the ramifications. Use the Sequence and Export settings provided by Adobe - they just work. As you become more experienced, you might start playing with settings to tweak things, but do so at your own peril.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 12, 2016 at 7:39:35 pm

I will add regarding Preview Format - this is used when you render in the timeline, to change red areas to green for smooth playback preview. When Exporting, unless you specifically check the Use Previews box, those rendered preview clips are NOT used, all material for export is generated fresh direct from source material.

It is recommended to not check Use Previews as it bypasses generational loss from rendering twice. Just use default render formats. Looks like you chose an Uncompressed avi option for preview, which generates huge files that require fast drive arrays to even play smoothly. You don't want that.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Antoine SinClaire
on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:53:40 am

I fixed my issue, it was the sequence setting preview output.
And the intended audience was for a projected theathre showing.

Return to posts index

Ali Crawford
on May 17, 2017 at 10:04:23 am

Hey,

I'm having this problem now too. It exports fine on my old MacBook Pro but it fails with this same error on the new iMac and I've not messed with any export settings. So when you say this was the problem: ' sequence setting preview output' how exactly do I fix that? I've been looking for sequence setting preview outputs in Media Encoder and AE and I can't find what you mean.

Thanks so much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]