win 10 x64
Memory 6144 MB RAM

How can i make it faster?

Return to posts index

Tom Van Damme
Re: Rendering is too too slow!
on Oct 7, 2016 at 8:08:32 am

Hi Ahmed,

Is it just this project, or do all projects render slowly ?

I think it mostly depends on the source material you are using. (i.e. when you use PNG with high compression rates in your projects, the rendering is a lot slower then when you use PNG files with no compression at all)

Tom

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Rendering is too too slow!
on Oct 7, 2016 at 2:00:10 pm

It looks like you are using a very underpowered, inexpensive laptop to render a complex After Effects composition. The simplest answer to the question is that you need a better computer, or put up with the slow renders.

A few tips: if you have a USB 3.0 port on the laptop, connect a fast external drive and do the video work there rather than on the C: drive which is sharing resources with the OS and Programs. A separate drive is always recommended by Adobe, and in fact for all NLE programs.

6GB is far too little RAM for After Effects (or any video editing really), if you can increase that would help to some degree.

I've read that rendering to H.264 out of After Effects is not ideal. You may want to try exporting to an intermediate codec first, then transcode that file to H.264 later. This will not hurt quality if using a good intermediate codec like Cineform or DNxHD.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]