FORUMS: list search recent posts

ME (2015.4) not exporting Apple XDCAM 60i elements

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike janowski
ME (2015.4) not exporting Apple XDCAM 60i elements
on Oct 3, 2016 at 5:45:39 pm

Hi all. We're running the CC 2015.4 release of Media Exploder; however, this problem has been evident over the last two or three releases, and has exhibitied it's peculiar behavior across a series of different Macs, mostly 2.66 6-core MacPro towers running Mavericks and 3.5 6-core trashcans running El Cap.

We're switchers from FCP 7, and we shoot edit and deliver in XDCAM EX 60i 35 mbps. What this means for the purpose of this discussion is that I have a large amount of legacy material that I use every week (opens, graphics, bumps, etc etc etc) encoded in the Apple XDCAM codec.

AND, Media Encoder has decided that it no longer wants to encode these elements properly, giving me a puke-green screen of lovely flashing pixels in place of the video I need.

However, the curious thing is that this ONLY occurs when I cue items out of Premiere and into the ME cue for batch output. If I export these items DIRECTLY out of Premiere, they export fine. This is my workaround, but it impinges on my edit time, because now I can't edit and export at the same time.

Anyone else have this problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]