FORUMS: list search recent posts

Watch Folders in Adobe Media Encoder CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Smith
Watch Folders in Adobe Media Encoder CS6
on May 28, 2012 at 4:26:04 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and thought that you kind souls may be able to help me out. We are moving away from FCP to Adobe Premier CS6 for our editing needs. There are some very good features in CS6 that made us make the move.

However... I do have a question in regards to Adobe Media Encoder and I believe that it has the opportunity to save us alot of time. We use Apple Pro Res for everything internally and think that it's a great codec. We still have FCP installed on the Mac's and we may puchase the new vesion of compressor from the App Store over the next while.

We have a render farm (windows and linux based) and I can get our frames copied over to an alternative location (Watch folder for Media Encoder). They are always image based sequences, they are never QT's. They are usually DPX and tiff image sequences.

Here is my question. Can I get Adobe Media encoder, running on a Mac, to encode these image squences using Pro Res and then output to a different directory. Also once the QT is made can Media Encoder delete the source files?

I've always used comperssor and now getting used to CS6. I'm sure that this can be done, but may need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]