FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Encoder Alternative/Scheduler?

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Mowry
Media Encoder Alternative/Scheduler?
on Jun 10, 2016 at 3:29:17 am

I've tried to research this topic with not a lot of success, which I think is surprising. To my knowledge, I don't think AME has any sort of scheduling functionality. As in, you cannot tell it to start a batch render on a date or time of day. The reason I want to do this is I don't necessarily use RAM/processing power in the background while I continue to work on other things; especially projects that I know will take a while to render. I'd rather have ME kick on at some point when I know I will be away from the computer or in the middle of the night. Often I forget to actually start a render before bed and by the time I remember, I have to be using that machine again. I do the same thing with emails; write them at night, and schedule them to be sent during the work day.

So I doubt there's a way to get AME to do this without writing some sort of macro. But I'm curious if there is maybe an alternative way to get this done when exporting out of Premiere and After Effects.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Media Encoder Alternative/Scheduler?
on Jun 11, 2016 at 5:06:16 pm

Set up your export queue, hit "go" when you're calling it a night. Media Encoder will sit there waiting until you tell it to start.

Return to posts index

Tim Lempicki
Re: Media Encoder Alternative/Scheduler?
on May 8, 2017 at 12:40:51 am

I think he understands that you can queue things and save the queue, but you have to remember to start it. It would be great if it just let you schedule a time for it to start. Is there anything you know of that could do that?

has anyone tried using windows task Scheduler -- save the queue and then have task scheduler start encoder?

Is there any program launch switches you can use in the shortcut to have it start when the program starts? Or maybe you just setup an auto-encode watch folder and just have windows launch the program at a certain time and make sure all your settings are setup correctly for the auto-encode watch folder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]