FORUMS: list search recent posts

resize long go-pro split files

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
resize long go-pro split files
on Jun 6, 2016 at 12:14:12 pm

All the cameras I've used can be considered consumer based cameras, or maybe prosumer. And they All split files at about 4GB. So if you have a recording that's longer, you'll end up with multiple files.

I recorded several things, and the clients always want the files. They don't need the originals though. They just want to be able to review content. So generally I'll throw it back at only 720 with a much lower compression. If it ends up being really just about audio I'll go even lower like 960width, but keep the audio the same.

The issue is, workflow. Right now, I have to bring them all into Premiere first, then shoot them out to Media encoder.

Is there a better workflow? I don't mind using something else to compress. I just want to be able to stitch it together and render it out all at once. And I'd like to queue up multiple groups of files like that, hit render at the end of the day, and walk away.

If you know of a better workflow then importing into premiere first, creating new composition with those strung together, then exporting to media encoder....I'd love to hear it. That's something that isn't really getting billed out, so efficiency is key, so I can get back to billable work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]