FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio encoded with AME has seemingly random 1 frame dropouts when encoding for Bluray or DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Audio encoded with AME has seemingly random 1 frame dropouts when encoding for Bluray or DVD
on Apr 18, 2016 at 3:11:49 am

For years I've been using Media Encoder with no issues to make Blurays and DVDs. However this weekend I encoded a file for DVD and Bluray and there were little subtle dropouts in the audio. Upon troubleshooting I found that the actual audio files encoded by media encoder have seemingly random spots where there is a single 1 frame dropout with no audio signal. This is happening when going to either AC3 dolby digital or PCM WAV files. Happens at different places each encode. You can see the dropouts in the waveform if you open up the audio waveform in an editor.

Anyone seen this? !$!#@#@?? Really frustrating to say the least.

I have to assume that a software update introduced this bug since I've never experienced it before and used the same presets and workflow many times.

Source is 2K Prores4444 @ 23.98fps with Stereo 24Bit audio. Encoding using the plain vanilla Bluray and DVD presets.

This is making me loose faith in AME, I'm lucky to have caught this, Not possible to send out anything created with AME until this is definitely resolved obviously.

best-
-Nat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]